🚤🚤Present and Past Perfect Verb Tenses 🚤🚤

Welcome 👦👧boys and girls to another class. Today, we will be going on an adventure where we will be exploring some Present and Past Perfect Verb Tenses. Read all information carefully before writing your answers for the following activities below.


1. Present Perfect Tense

  • What is it? We use this tense to talk about something that happened at an unspecified time in the past or that started in the past and is still true now.
  • How do we make it? has/have + past participle (the third form of the verb).
    • Example: I have eaten my lunch. (It happened sometime before now, but we don't say when).

2. Past Perfect Tense

  • What is it? We use this tense to talk about something that happened before another action in the past. It's the "past of the past."
  • How do we make it? had + past participle (the third form of the verb).
    • Example: I had eaten my lunch before my friend arrived. (Eating happened first, then my friend arrived).

Examples in Use

Present Perfect (has/have + past participle)

  1. She has visited the zoo many times.
  2. They have finished their homework.
  3. He has lost his keys.
  4. have seen that movie before.
  5. We have lived here for five years.

Past Perfect (had + past participle)

  1. She had visited the zoo before it started to rain.
  2. They had finished their homework when their mom called them for dinner.
  3. He had lost his keys, so he couldn't open the door.
  4. had seen that movie before, so I told them the ending.
  5. We had lived here for five years before we moved to a new city.

 Task 1:Choose the best answer to complete the sentence.

  1. My sister ______________ her room already.
    a) have cleaned
    b) has cleaned
    c) had cleaned
    d) clean
  2. By the time we got to the station, the train ______________.
    a) has left
    b) have left
    c) had left
    d) leave
  3. They ______________ never ______________ to a concert before.
    a) have / gone
    b) has / gone
    c) had / went
    d) have / went
  4. I ______________ my breakfast, so I'm not hungry.
    a) have had
    b) had had
    c) has had
    d) have has
  5. The children ______________ all the cookies before I got home.
    a) have eaten
    b) has eaten
    c) had eaten
    d) eat
  6. We ______________ already ______________ that movie twice.
    a) has / saw
    b) had / see
    c) have / seen
    d) have / saw
  7. She ______________ to school because she was sick.
    a) have not gone
    b) has not gone
    c) had not gone
    d) has not went
  8. The cat ______________ all its milk.
    a) have drunk
    b) has drunk
    c) had drank
    d) have drank
  9. I ______________ my homework before I watched TV.
    a) have finished
    b) has finished
    c) had finished
    d) finish
  10. My dad ______________ just ______________ home from work.
    a) has / came
    b) have / come
    c) had / come
    d) has / come

 Task 2: Write 'True' if the sentence is grammatically correct and 'False' if it is not.

  1. She has went to the store. (_____)
  2. They have eaten dinner. (_____)
  3. I had seen the movie before. (_____)
  4. He has lose his wallet. (_____)
  5. We had already left when you called. (_____)
  6. The girls has played in the park. (_____)
  7. She had ate her lunch. (_____)
  8. My friends have visited that museum. (_____)
  9. I have never been to Japan. (_____)
  10. He had ran away before we could stop him. (_____) 

Part 3: 

Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb in parentheses ( ). Use the Present Perfect or Past Perfect.

  1. I ______________ (finish) my chores, so I can go out to play.
  2. By the time we arrived, the show ______________ already ______________ (start).
  3. She ______________ (not / eat) anything since breakfast.
  4. They ______________ (visit) their grandparents many times.
  5. We ______________ (buy) the tickets before we got to the cinema.
  6. He ______________ just ______________ (break) his favorite toy.
  7. My mom ______________ (cook) dinner before she went to work.
  8. I ______________ (know) him for a long time.
  9. The students ______________ (not / finish) their project yet.
  10. He ______________ (drive) a car before, so he wasn't scared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️Reading Comprehension- Heat Waves🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️

🍗🍟🍗The Main Idea and Supporting Details🍗🍟🍗