๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ›๐Ÿฆ‹Regular and Irregular Present and Past Tense Verbs๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ›๐Ÿฆ‹

 Welcome ๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ‘งboys and girls to another class. Today, we will be going on an adventure where we will be exploring the topic: Regular and Irregular Present and Past Tense Verbs. Read all given information and do the activities below.

1) Regular verbs in present tense

Definition: Regular verbs form their present tense by using the usual pattern.

  • For most verbs, we add -s or -es for he/she/it.
    • walk → walks
    • watch → watches
    • go → goes
    • study → studies

Examples (Present):

  • I walk to school.
  • She walks to school.
  • We play outside.
  • He plays basketball.
  • They watch TV. 
2. Regular verbs in past tense

Definition: Regular verbs form the past tense by adding -ed (sometimes spelling changes happen).

Examples (Past):

  • I walked to school yesterday.
  • She watched a movie last night.
  • We played soccer after class.
  • He studied for the test.
  • They cleaned the room
3.Irregular verbs in present tense

Definition: Irregular verbs do not follow the regular pattern; their forms change in special ways (especially for he/she/it).

Examples (Present):

  • I am ready.
  • She is ready.
  • I have a book.
  • He has a book.
  • I do my homework.
  • She does her homework.
  • I go home.
  • They go home. (same form for “they”)
4. Irregular verbs in past tense

Definition: Irregular verbs change to a different past-tense form (no -ed rule). Many past forms must be memorized.

Examples (Past):

  • I am → I was happy yesterday.
  • She is → She was happy yesterday.
  • I have → I had a meeting yesterday.
  • He does → He did his homework.
  • I go → I went to the park.
  • They eat → They ate dinner early.  
Task:
    Choose the correct answer.
  1. She ____ to school every day.
    A. walks      B. walk      C. walked     D. walking

  2. They ____ TV last night.
    A. watched      B. watch       C. watchs       D. watching

  3. I ____ a bike.
    A. have B. has C. had D. having

  4. He ____ to the store yesterday.
    A. goes      B. went      C. goed      D. gone

  5. We ____ our homework after school.
    A. finish    B. finished      C. finishes     D. finishing

  6. Yesterday, she ____ happy.
    A. is       B. was     C. are    D. were 

  7. He ____ his room last weekend.
    A. cleans    B. cleaned      C. clean     D. cleaning

  8. I ____ to the park on Saturdays.
    A. go     B. goes     C. went     D. going

  9. She ____ a sandwich for lunch today.
    A. makes        B. make      C. made     D. making

  10. Last week, they ____ dinner at 6:00.
    A. eat      B. eats       C. ate        D. eating 

Task 2:

Fill in the correct regular or irregular verb form for present or past tense.

  1. Today, I ____ (walk) to school.
  2. Yesterday, we ____ (play) outside.
  3. She ____ (go) to the library every Friday.
  4. Last night, he ____ (watch) a movie.
  5. I ____ (have) a new pencil today.
  6. Two days ago, they ____ (have) a test.
  7. He ____ (do) his homework after dinner.
  8. Yesterday, she ____ (do) her homework early.
  9. They ____ (go) to the museum last weekend.
  10. I ____ (be) tired yesterday. 
Task 3: Liveworksheet Activities on regular and irregular verbs tense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

๐ŸŠ‍♀️๐ŸŠ‍♀️๐ŸŠ‍♀️Reading Comprehension- Heat Waves๐ŸŠ‍♀️๐ŸŠ‍♀️๐ŸŠ‍♀️

๐Ÿ—๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ—The Main Idea and Supporting Details๐Ÿ—๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ—