πππWhat are Cause and Effect?πππ
Welcome π¦π§boys and girls. Today's goal is to learn about cause and effect. Read all given definitions and examples of cause and effect. Do all given activities below.
Cause and Effect (Grade 6)
The Big Idea: Life is full of chain reactions. Something happens (the Cause), and then something else happens because of it (the Effect).
Definition for cause and effect
Cause: The WHY it happened. (The reason).
Effect: The WHAT happened. (The result).
A Simple Trick: Ask yourself, "What happened?" (That’s the effect). Then ask, "Why did it happen?" (That’s the cause).
Signal Words (Clue Words): Look for these words to find a cause and effect:
Because
Write the effect for each cause using signal words of your choice.
Example Causes:
The school fire alarm went off in the middle of math class.
My brother ate a whole jar of pickles before dinner.
The main character in our book found a mysterious map in the attic.
An alien spaceship landed in the schoolyard.
Draw a line from the Cause (on the left) to the Effect (on the right) that matches.
| Causes (The "Why") | Effects (The "What") |
|---|---|
| 1. The dog was scared of the thunder. | A. My stomach hurt. |
| 2. I practiced the piano every day. | B. I put on my sunglasses. |
| 3. I ate too much candy. | C. I played the song perfectly. |
| 4. The sun was shining brightly. | D. He hid under the bed. |
Comments
Post a Comment